This camera is designed to work with our flagship portable offroad GPS unit - 3DX. This product uses WiFi technology to establish a connection with the 3DX unit, and show you the view from the camera in real time.
You only need to setup / connect the device to the camera once and you are good to go.
This helps the driver to be aware of their surroundings, such as walls, other vehicles and obstructions, uneven terrain etc while reversing their vehicle.
- Intended use for vehicle mounting only
- To optimise the WiFi connection between 3DX and the WiFi camera, it is recommended that the 3DX WiFi connection is set up to only connect to the camera's WiFi connection.
- The power wire (red) for the camera needs to be always powered on when car is on (could be connected to accessory power to avoid draining the main battery) and trigger wire (yellow) can be connected to reverse backing light.
- VMS recommends that this device is installed professionally by a qualified auto-electrician. VMS is not liable for any damage caused as a result of the installation.
- Post installation, it is essential to note that the device uses WiFi technology for its connection and connection strength may vary depending on the distance and obstructions between the 3DX unit and the WiFi camera.
- This device is designed specifically for vehicle use and performance with camper trailers/caravans may vary
Camera mounting considerations:
- Test the camera positioning before permanently mounting it on the surface.
- The higher the camera is positioned, the better the viewing angle.
|Camera dimensions (W*H*D)||18*15*26 (in mm)|
|Power Source||5-24 V|
|Transmitting method||WiFi 5G Digital Wireless||
|Video Compression||H.264 High profile|
|Viewing Angle||90 - 150 degrees|
- Update your unit to the latest software (please note if you are on the latest version then you will have a reversing camera icon on your home screen)
- Once the camera is installed in you car, power up your car so that WiFi camera gets power
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi
- Turn on your WiFi , if it is not on
- Select W-car WiFi
- Enter password 12345678
- Once connected, try putting your car in reverse gear if your camera's trigger wire is connected to reverse light, alternatively press on reversing camera icon on the home screen.
WiFi camera is connected to the accessory power (it's always on) and trigger wire connected to revering light (Recommended set-up).
- Turn on your vehicle to power up the WiFi camera
- Shift the vehicle in reverse gear to trigger the camera application
- The camera view will automatically load up on the screen (Provided the screen was on and initial set-up is done)
- Alternatively, if you want to access the camera's view without shifting the vehicle in reverse gear, press on WiFi cam icon on the main menu
In case, your camera is not connected as recommended and both power and trigger wires (red and yellow) are connected to reverse light
- Turn on your vehicle and shift it in reverse gear to power up the WiFi camera
- Go to WiFi settings and select W-car WiFi
- Immediately the camera feed would show up on your screen
- Once, you shift your car in drive or in any other gear, press the home button (Circle in the bottom middle of the screen) to get out of the camera feed screen to get back to start navigation.
-WiFi reversing camera
-2 x screws (To mount the camera)
-Foam pad (To avoid scratches on the surface)