Australian Consumer Law
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- All goods sold by VMS come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced or repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognize that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Therefore, as you can understand, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
If we are not satisfied that you purchased the product from us then we may elect whether or not to accept your product for return. To prevent fraud, if you do not have a receipt, and we elect to give you a return we will need to record your personal details.
Lodging a Warranty Claim
If a product purchased from VMS turns out to be faulty, we will strive to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Returning Faulty products for Warranty support
Here are the steps to take in order to lodge a warranty claim with us:
- As a first step we recommend contacting our technical support team either by phone or email even if you are sure the hardware is faulty as there may also be a known fix available to resolve the issue. Our support team can be contacted by using the contact us section on our website or by calling (03) 9017 5589 during business hours.
- If it’s established that there is a fault with the item, the customer will have to send their product to us or deliver it to us in person, as all of our products have return to base warranty so we will not pay for the shipping. It is important to give us a detailed description of the fault, this will assist our support staff in finding and troubleshooting any suspected faults during the testing phase.
If you intend to ship the item back to us please follow the guidelines below:
o Ensure the hardware is packed well to avoid any in-transit damage.
o Mark the address noted below on the outside of the carton (as per 6. Return Address section)
o Please be sure to include a copy of your Return Authorization form (available on the website), which will require you to provide update to date contact information, a description of the fault with the item. If you are unsure of exactly what to send back please contact us.
Once proof of purchase and the fault has been established, the available remedy will depend on the nature of the fault. You are entitled to a refund or exchange if an item has a MAJOR problem.
This is when the item:
- Is unsafe.
- Is significantly different from the sample or description.
- Doesn't do what we said it would or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
If the problem is NOT MAJOR, we will repair the item within a reasonable time.
If upon inspection, no fault is found with the product, or that the product been damaged due to misuse or neglect, we may charge you the costs incurred by us in connection with the assessment of your product, including any shipping costs.
When you are NOT entitled to a refund or exchange
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have the right to return a product and get a refund or exchange if the product does not meet certain consumer guarantees - for example, if the product is faulty.
You do not have a right to return a product if you:
- Changed your mind and no longer want the product
- Ordered the wrong product
- Found the product cheaper elsewhere
- Found a better product elsewhere
- Were aware of the relevant fault before buying the product (such as if the fault was written on the product's tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online)
- Damaged the product by misusing it (such as if you dropped your mobile phone in water)
- Used the product for a long time and the problem is as a result of usual wear and tear.
Shipping and Other Costs
- You are responsible for returning items to VMS. If you bought the item online, this means you must pay the return postage, shipping or courier costs.
- If the product is found not to have problem, you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs.
- Goods tested and found to be non-faulty will be returned at your cost. An estimate of these costs will be provided to you before the goods are returned.
- If the product returned is found to be non-faulty upon inspection, you will be charged a $20 testing fee and $20 return shipping fee.
Please use the address below to return products to us:
VMS 4x4 International
PO BOX 3128
NOTE: We cannot accept any C.O.D. items, sending this way will unfortunately result in delays caused by refusal to accept delivery.
Once we have ascertained that a refund needs be issued to you, it can take up to 2 weeks for the amount to be credited to your account.
All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Bank Transfers, cheques and debit cards will be refunded as bank transfers, PayPal payments will be credited back to the PayPal account concerned and credit card refunds are processed back onto the original credit card.
8. Returning Non faulty products
VMS will not accept returns if it has been more than 30 days after the delivery date. VMS, may at their discretion, elect to accept a return of a non-faulty product due to change of mind or for a similar reason. In these situations there will be a restocking fee chargeable where our restocking fee is typically 25%. No restocking fee will be charged if an unopened product bought from VMS is returned due change of mind or a similar reason within 2 weeks of the delivery date. After 2 weeks, a 25% restocking fee will be applicable.
- Proof of purchase must be supplied with all items being returned, examples of a valid proof of purchase include, a copy of the original purchase invoice or a bank or credit card statement showing the transaction. VMS will be unable to provide warranty support if a valid proof of purchase cannot be provided.
- Goods arriving damaged due to poor packaging or misuse will not be accepted.
- Inadequately packaged goods may incur a $20 packaging fee on return.
- Goods returned charged (COD) to us will not be accepted.
- VMS cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during return transit.
- Under no circumstances will VMS ship out replacement goods before the warranty items have been received and checked by our technical support department.